Schedule Your FREE In-Home
Complete the form below and one of our representatives will contact you soon.
Energy Savings with Energy Efficient Windows
World of Windows's new replacement windows provide substantial energy efficiency and savings for your home. We have saved money and energy for homeowners throughout the nation.
ENERGYSTAR® Qualified SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package
What Technologies Make the SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Packages Effective?
Since 80% of a window is made of glass, a substantial amount of heating and cooling savings come from improved glass performance.
- Because over 80% of a window is composed of glass, a sizeable amount of heating /cooling savings come from improved glass insulation.
- The arrangement of UV-reducing Low-E Glass (LG), insulating argon gas, and the Intercept™ Warm Edge Spacer System creates considerable energy efficiency.
- Damaging effects of the sun’s rays, including faded carpets, curtains, and furniture, are reduced by our windows’ unique ability to block a percentage of UV light.
- During summer months, a 48% reduction in solar heat transfer minimizes air conditioning costs.
- In the winter season, a higher glass temperature is preserved, increasing the R-value by an additional 104%.
- The proven result is that your monthly energy bills will reflect savings year round – making your home and wallet more insulated.
What exactly is Low-E glass (LG) technology?
Low-E glass filters the sun’s long-wave UV radiation. This reduces the summer’s solar heat gain from the sun, maintaining a lower average temperature in your home.
Low-E glass insulation works differently in the winter months. Keeping the cool air out, the glass traps heated air within the home.
What is the Intercept™ Spacer System?
- A single piece of metal alloy, the U-channeled design creates an valuable thermal “wall”, reducing conducted thermal loss.
- The sealed single-piece style makes for an improved retention of insulating gasses.
How do Intercept™ Spacers add to indoor comfort levels?
- Keeping the outside edges of the window glass at a higher average temperature, your home feels more comfortable in winter months.
Can Intercept™ Spacers Help Extend the Life of My Windows?
- LG units are able to expand and contract according to temperature variations, keeping seals to the outside air very tight and secure.
- In traditional glass units, the seals holding the unit together take the brunt of this flexing force and in time will cause seal failure, resulting in losses of insulating gases.
- In an Intercept™ LG unit, the spacer flexes (instead of the seals). Spacers resist movement and irreparable sealant failure.
Thermal Indexing Clearly Shows the Differences Between Standard and Low-E Glass.
The left window traditionally insulated glass unit. The heat transference is indicated by the green, yellow and orange. From the heat index, the thermal transmittance is much more obviously seen on the left than on the right window (containing SolarZone® Low-E insulated glass).